Re: New member HI!

  • Subject: Re: New member HI!
  • From: "Iris" <iris@syix.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 08:23:37 -0700

Welcome to the group!
I too live in Ca.
A very easy way to keep track of your iris, that is, if you don't have a large dog, is to get some used mini blinds and cut them the desired length that you want.  Then write on them with No. 2 pencil, NOT permanent pen!  It will fade in the sun and you won't know who you have!
I learned the hard way!
Another way is a map that you draw when you plant them or to invest in some metal labels.  Join the AIS if you have not done so.  They have a web site.
Enjoy the group and enjoy your iris!