Re: Re: Variegated Tree

  • Subject: Re: Re: Variegated Tree
  • From: Pearl Doyle <pdoyle@our-town.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 19:02:45 -0500

Well I unintentionally started this thread so let me tell you what I found out. This is indeed, a buttonbush (Cephalanthus occidentalis) although I didn't see a variegated one mentioned anywhere, Linda. Christian, it is only suppose to reach a height of 10-15 feet, sometimes 20 feet and grows in or near water. All these things fit the description of mine. I don't know if it carries a frangrance but the bees certainly love it.
flatnflashy wrote:

How ironic.  Just this evening I paused to admire similar leaves.  Mine
are on a tree near the new bed I was digging.  I didn't notice seed
pods, but I'm sure it was the same type of tree.  Mine is quite
tall...easily 30 feet.

Is this what passes for 'stopping to smell the roses' for us irisarians?

Statements made on and attachments (including but not limited to photographs of irises or people) sent to this list are the sole responsibility of the individual participants and are not endorsed by, or attributable to, or under the control of the moderator of this list. Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)