Re: Cult: Borer pupae

  • Subject: Re: Cult: Borer pupae
  • From: Elladan <elladan@tds.net>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 06:17:15 -0500

Here is a link to a web site that has a photo of the pupa in addition to the larva
I think I have seem better photos of it, but of course cannot find them now.

Francis Rogers keeps the pupa and hatches them to lure other borer moths to kill them. That is one way he controls borers.
Here are a couple photos of his borer moth traps.
Seems to me it is not completely effective or he would not get more to trap for the next year but I suppose any cutting down on them is good.

Hope that helps,