Re: Study In Black (again)

  • Subject: Re: Study In Black (again)
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 02:39:01 -0000

Hello Brock,

The lighting. The photo was primarily in shade, but some sunlight still penetrated and hit the standards making for a harsh look. The others I have were taken in full sun and they appear red without the black that defines the bloom. I've had this for many years and the original source could be questionable. It's certainly more tailored than ruffled, but has never shown the form indicated by your photo. With Edenite in its background, I'd think your photo is a definite possibility and mine is mis-identified. Interesting that the photo David gave to look at is somewhere in between my photo and yours in terms of how tailored it appears. The form in my photo is typical of what I get. Great finish on the bloom of the one I grow and one of the better black-toned iris for managing my growing conditions. Manages to avoid getting fried by the heat and sun sometimes - but not always.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA