RE: Crickets
  • Subject: RE: Crickets
  • From: "Judy & Griff Durant" <jgdurant@verizon.net>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 17:12:36 -0400

No pictures, just a question.  I recently purchased lots of irises at a sale.  I planted them 4 or 5 days later.  Now, several days later, they are either full of holes or there is just an outer shell left (roots still in the ground).  I have been seeing LOTS of crickets, coming out of the ground or just hopping around my garden.  Do crickets like to eat them?  If so, what should I do to prevent this from happening again as I have several large orders coming and I don't want to be serving meals to the crickets!