Why not TWIKI

The Iris Encyclopedia appeared on the AIS website August 5th. That same morning my computer crashed and it has been several weeks and then catch up, or I would have announced it sooner.

Please do not call it TWIKI. That is the open source software that it and many orher sites use and one would never find it if you googled TWIKI.  Thankfully John has removed the TWIKI logo now that is on the AIS website. You can easily find it by googling Iris Encyclopedia.

Presently the Iris wiki, if you prefer to call it that, has 20,000+ cultivars, and 19,000+ images. About the same as Daves Garden. I expect that to double in the next year with many people's help. Its development is a reflection of what irisarians can do. I believe we certainly can produce something better than DG, and many of you have helped already.