From: Robert Pries <robertpries@embarqmail.com>
To: iris-photos <iris-photos@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 11:54 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] Lets Celebrate!

This August marks two milestones for the Iris Encyclopedia. The restructuring into 20 webs is complete. And the wiki celebrates its 2nd Birthday. It should now be easier to use and faster. A couple of hints; Do NOT do a simple search. That will only give you a search of the introductory, Main web. An Advanced search can search all the webs if you check that box.  But it is easier to go to the Iris class that you want and browse a letter group to find an Iris name if you know its class. Two years ago only Catherine Button and I were looking at the new baby. Last year in August there were 76,000+ views. This year there were 176,000+ views. If you would like to show off your Iris pictures Think of the wiki. Most newer irises have pages but we still have about 36,000 irises to add. But it is likely you will find the page on which to put your pictures.