Photos: 3 pumila seedlings from the same cross
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Photos: 3 pumila seedlings from the same cross
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 02:59:15 -0400 (EDT)

I know that a lot of people don't grow pumilas, and I also know some people don't know what things can come from a single cross, so here are 3 photos to show what can occur.  Here are 3 seedlings that came from a cross of a white pumila hybrid with a blue fall spot using a pale yellow pumila hybrid with a burgundy fall spot as the pollen parent.
Elm

seedling 1 (with purple fall spot):

seedling 2 (light yellow with rust spot):

seedling 3 (with "fang" spots):