Re: OOPS - Reminder - Data Center MIgration
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com

Hi John,  I love your OOPS!

I feel less lonely with the lapses of my brain!...

Registrations files are slowly coming in.
Do you want them little by little as soon as they are ready, or do you prefer to get them all together at the end?

Cayeux has not renewed his membership, so he doesn't belong to the SFIB (French Iris Society) anymore, thanks to Michelle Bersillon, so I recon they will try to send their registration files to you directly again.
It's up to you to accept them or not.
If not, you should tell them their files have to go through the appointed associate registrar appointed by the A.I.S.  : me...

  Bersillon's dream was to become the associate registrar for France, even though she is not a member of the SFIB. It still might be her goal,
Letting her have her way by registering directly her irises and Cayeux's might only be the beginning. Let me know if others French hybridizers do the same.
Since they don't have to be a SFIB member to register an iris through me, you can tell them to send me their files. For example Lawrence Ranson, who is no longer a member.

They took you by surprise last year, but if the A.I.S. appoints associate registrars, it is for a reason: to simplify your task.
You shoud be firm this year and apply the 'law' to every one.

I don't think she would take the risk NOT to have her irises registered with the A.I.S. since het aim is to compete for the American Awards, therefore they MUST be properly registered.
As for Cayeux, if the names of his irises are not protected, it will be more his problem than ours.

All this is small deal compared to the world affairs, let's hope egos will calm down, thank goodness we have rules to put limits to them!

Have a good day John, and don't hesitate and tell me what you think.

LoÃc