Re: OT: digital camera

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] OT: digital camera
  • From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 22:31:51 -0500

From: Dana Brown <ddbro@llano.net>

	I am afraid that I don't know an AEIOU from a IEEEU but we do have a
digital camera that we love!!
	After playing with John Jones' camera at OKC we came home and had to
have one.  We purchased a Sony Mavica, Model MVC-FD91.  This camera uses
a 3.5" floppy disc to store the pix on and at the resolutions that we
use you can get 17-18 pix per disk.  It has steady shot, 14X zoom, a
built in flash, a LCD screen and a viewfinder, and tons of other options
that I have never used.
	For me the biggest advantage is that you can take a pix of an iris,
look at it immediately and if it is horrible, or only mediocre then you
delete and take the pix over again immediately, not 3 days later when
you get your pix back from being developed.  Then you pop the disc into
your computer, call it up, email it or print it or whatever.
	The biggest disadvantage is that the pix are not quite up to regular
prints from a good camera when you print them.  Using the photo paper
and being careful gets you close but not quite there.  It is close
enough to make ME happy but if you are into big time photography you may
not be happy with this facet.
	Overall, I love the convenience.  Grab a disc, slap it in, take a pix,
pop it in the computer and have a print or a file in under 10 minutes,
start to finish.  Once I finish a disc, I list the pix on it in a
spreadsheet, label the disc and file them away.  It is like having an
easily accessible photo library at all times.
	Hope this helps.
Dana Brown
Pres. South Plains Iris Society
Lubbock, Texas  79401