Re:Hardy louisiana

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re:Hardy louisiana
  • From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 08:18:41 -0500

From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>

Edmundas,

How big is this plant?  Do you have a photo of the clump?  It looks like a hybrid.  The red color indicates I. fulva or nelsonii in the background.  It's hardiness would suggest I. brevicaulis in there too.  The photo looks like the stalk is leaning a lot - another indicator of brevicaulis.

Rodney

>   Here in Lithuania we can't dream to grow such a beauty as Heather and Bernard Pryors grow, but before some years I have get from Canada two plants of louisianas which were told are hardy. Last winter was good test. We had during three weeks about -19 grad. C
>  /-2.2F/ almost without snow cower. There was not given any mulch too. Both suffered winter well and one had two flower stems. Other is one year younger and maybe will flower next year. I think it is species plant grown from seeds in northern areas. Attachment show appearance of flower. What it can be-I.brevicaulis or I.hexagona? Any ideas would be high appreciated.

ATTN ONELIST USERS: stay current on the latest activities,
programs, & features at ONElist by joining our member newsletter at