Re: TB: High Caliber

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: High Caliber
  • From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 06:30:12 -0700

From: "Mike Sutton" <suttons@lightspeed.net>

Hello Chris,
For an iris that we are introducing the following year we need to have a
minimum of 100 rhizomes.  If it is going to be a "bonus iris" we need a
minimum of 500 rhizomes.  Both these numbers are necessary by the end of the
season prior to introduction.  For example, we need 100 of HIGH CALIBER by
this October to introduce it next spring.  (we already have that so it's a
go)  In our climate and growing season it will take anywhere from 4 to 10
years for sufficient stock.  Thanks for the compliments, when I sent that
picture out I forgot to shrink it and drop the dpi.  Maybe I should do that
all the time.  This one was taken on regular old Kodak Gold 200.  I am
starting to like Fuji a whole lot more, color turns out great.  Yes next
year will be a good one, for some reason it seems that really good years
happen every other year.  1998 was a really good year in my opinion with
LIGHTNING BOLT.  2000 is looking fun.
Thanks for the message.
Mike Sutton