Re: Re:Hardy louisiana

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re:Hardy louisiana
  • From: "Edmundas Kondratas" <stogutis@kaunas.omnitel.net>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 22:00:59 -0600

From: "Edmundas Kondratas" <stogutis@kaunas.omnitel.net>

Rodney,
the plant is about 30-40cm, leaves about 1.5cm wide. This year it was to dry
for it and even dayly watering could not help to keep all leaves green. One
stalk was leaned more and it was banded. Sorry I have no photo of clump.
Thanks for your notes on plant origin.
Edmundas

>From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
>
>Edmundas,
>
>How big is this plant?  Do you have a photo of the clump?  It looks like a
hybrid.  The red color indicates I. fulva or nelsonii in the background.
It's hardiness would suggest I. brevicaulis in there too.  The photo looks
like the stalk is leaning a lot - another indicator of brevicaulis.

>Rodney

ONElist members: don't miss out on the latest news at ONElist
Join our community member news update at