Re: Re:Hardy louisiana

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re:Hardy louisiana
  • From: virginia prins <inanda@bc.sympatico.ca>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 21:11:43 -0700

From: virginia prins <inanda@bc.sympatico.ca>

Def. isn't DKW.  Grew it for years.  Was my only LA for about 7 years.  I've
lost it now but will find a swopee or Cdn. supplier one of these days.

Ginny in  fab Victoria BC not OZ, where she is very busy carting wheelbarrows
of kelp for the garden and ignoring quizzical looks from tourists.
Dennis Kramb wrote:

> From: Dennis Kramb <dkramb@badbear.com>
> >From: Rodney Barton <rbarton@hsc.unt.edu>
> >
> >Edmundas,
> >
> >How big is this plant?  Do you have a photo of the clump?  It looks like a
> >hybrid.  The red color indicates I. fulva or nelsonii in the background.
> >It's hardiness would suggest I. brevicaulis in there too.  The photo looks
> >like the stalk is leaning a lot - another indicator of brevicaulis.
> >
> >Rodney
> My thinking too.  I tried to look up a photo of Dorothea K. Williamson to
> compare, but unfortunately couldn't find it.  :(
> But if I recall correctly, DKW also had a similar "spidery" form to it's
> flowers (long narrow petals).
> Dennis Kramb; dkramb@badbear.com
> Cincinnati, Ohio USA; USDA Zone 6; AIS Region 6
> member of AIS, ASI, HIPS, SIGNA, SLI, & Miami Valley Iris Society
> primary interests: ABs, REBs, LAs, Native SPEC and SPEC-X hybrids
> (my gardening URL:  http://www.badbear.com/dkramb/home.html)
> Transfer your big list to ONElist and earn $500!
> For program details, go to

ATTENTION ONElist MEMBERS! Are you getting your ONElist news?
If not, join our MEMBER NEWSLETTER here: