RE:Light Beam/seedlings

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE:Light Beam/seedlings
  • From: Chuck Chapman <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: 6 Dec 00 08:22:17 EST

I've been reviewing iris geneologies. Light Beam should be classified as a
Glaciata. The glaciata complex "pla pla pla pla" doesn't usually affect (more
about this later) the distribution of the yellow/pink pigment. Thus any
pattern of distibution of carotene pigment group is possible with glaciatas. I
have a reverse yellow amoena glaciata seedling. Thus you should be able to get
halo, amoena, ring etc. When reviewing geneology of LB, I  found Pink Taffeta
(Grandmother of Beverly Sills). PT is pollen parent of Grecian Gown a lavender
on pink plicata. When I found an old catalog with PT in it it became clear
that PT is a glaciata.I'm speculating that Vanity is also a glaciata. I have
found , by reviewing offspring of Vanity in iris-register, that Vanity
definatly carries at least two pla genes and perhaps  four. It certainly has a
glaciata look, ie: no anthrocyn pigments present. Beverly Sills doesn't look
like a glaciata to me, it seemes to have a slight violet touch.
I'm posting seperatly a photo of a yellow  baby of LB X Idea.

eGroups eLerts