Re: HYB: Luminatas - SOFT AIR

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Luminatas - SOFT AIR
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 13:36:08 -0000

--- In iris-photos@egroups.com, PAUL BLACK <midamerg@e...> wrote:
> Chuck, here is a picture of Bea Warburton's Soft Air.  Soft Air is
> of the parents of Chubby Cheeks and probably accounts of all the
> that comes from the Chubby Cheeks offspring.  Someone with a far
> knowledge of historic iris than I have will have to evaluate where
> pattern works its way into Soft Air.  More discussion of Soft Air on
> Talk group.

Wow!!! That definatly is the ring factor that I have been talking
about and that I'm seeing with my "ringed" plants. I would classify
this as a ringed glaciata. As such SA would genetically be pla pla pla
 pla. In a cross with Chubby Cheeks you would  never get luminatas
(well perhaps rarely as one of those random recessive pairings that
Kidd talk about in TWOI) but you should get  plicatas with a few with
strong lines running down the falls as in Circus Stripes. Did you get
any like this? I will work out the Punnett square predictions for you.

Click here for more details: