Re: RE:another luminata SDB sample

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: RE:another luminata SDB sample
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 03:47:44 -0000

--- In iris-photos@egroups.com, "Wendy Dunafon" <lilylvr@k...> wrote:
> Hi,
> I guess I do not really understand what a luminata is. Can you
please explain it?
> Wendy Zone 5 a nice 30 degrees and sun and calm today

When I checked the photo that I sent I realized that I had sent the
wrong one, so I have posted a correction with the correct photo. The
one sent originaly is not a luminata.

Luminata is a specific type of plicata that is chacterized by having
the violet (anthocyanin) distributed in the center of the petals and
mostly between the veins rather then in the veins as is normally seen
in plicatas (kind of the photographic reverse of the normal plicata).
The style arms, beard and hafts of the flower have no anthocyanin and
show the ground colour of the flower, white in this case. The ground
colour can be yellow or pink. There can be some violet on the
stigmatic lip (part of the style arm). The violet is usually marbled
or washed, allthough at times this can be seen only by close
inspection.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/503733/_/977284067/