[PHOTO] RE: Mid-America Garden Spring Bloom | Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:15:42" />

[PHOTO] RE: Mid-America Garden Spring Bloom

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] RE: Mid-America Garden Spring Bloom
  • From: PAUL BLACK <midamerg@earthlink.net>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 18:16:57 -0800

Several of you have e-mailed about our new garden in Oregon.  We love
our new location and the growth and bloom we have gotten.  The slopes
are a real challenge.  Farming on slopes like these in Oklahoma would be
utter disaster.  All the soil would be in the creek.

We do get a little uneasy when the wind blows.  We just spent all day
Sunday, cleaning up debris from high winds earlier in the week.  As you
can see, there are two +or- 120 foot fir trees that flank the corners of
the house.  The winds from this storm were high enough I was just about
ready to leave the house.

It is also a nice reminder that winter solstice is tomorrow, YEA!

Enjoy.

Paul Black
Zone 8  Salem, Oregon

eGroups eLerts