Re: CULT:GERMINATION

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] CULT:GERMINATION
  • From: "Patrick Orr" <PatrickJOrr@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 03:10:00 -0700

Title: Re: [iris-photos] CULT:GERMINATION
Thanks Dennis,

Normally this IS a bad time for germination for a lot of people, but here the freezes have not been a danger to iris seedlings since about 1976.  Not saying that it can't happen, just that it has not gotten that cold in many many years. Last year for instance, I had a tomato plant survive unprotected  all winter without succumbing to any frost,  and you know how frost sensitive they are.  However, if it looks like we are going to be in danger of a frost in the future, I will certainly cover the seedlings up for the night.  Right now I am more concerned about cutworms, for I saw one of them just earlier this evening crawling across the ground.

Patrick