Re: Afternoon Delight

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Afternoon Delight
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:45:53 -0500

Blooms of AFTERNOON DELIGHT are highly variable in color in my garden,
affected by garden location, age of the bloom (usually much more color
when fresh), amount of rainfall prior to bloom, and temperature/cloud
cover before and after the blooms open.  Bloom color varies so much that
I frequently get my row map out to make sure of what I am looking at.
It ranges from pale pinkish tan with lighter fall centers & some yellow
showing to the 'original' brown and lavender.  I'll try to get a range
of pictures to post next spring.

Linda Mann east Tennesssee USA zone 7/8

Promise to Quit
Nicotrol will help