Re: More Iris possible ID's

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] More Iris possible ID's
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 21:53:23 -0700

Laetitia, Beaux Arts looks right to me.  It is from Plough '68.  S. between phlox pink and mallow purple. Falls lighter, hafts buttercup yellow.  I grew it for a few years.  It's very pretty, but it didn't do very well here in the heat, and its substance was very poor.  I no longer have it .
Francelle Edwards  Glendale AZ  Zone 9 where we are having heavy frosts every night.  It is the chill the irises need, but it's not good for the buds on the rebloomers.