Mislabeled Iris

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Mislabeled Iris
  • From: Janice Frizzell <jfrizzell@tbr.state.tn.us>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 09:16:32 -0600

I have to agree with you about the display and selling of incorrectly named
irises by iris societies, it's WRONG.  My hackles rise everytime I see this
at our local display garden, the volunteers who dig and replant are not
always concerned about getting the job done correctly, they are usually
there to just get it done. Which is what creates the problem. I have had
similar experiences as Betty's with trying to get my group to get errors
corrected, I could win the lottery faster.

I agree with Christy and Betty about the methods they use to get irises
renamed correctly, but you are off to a good start with at least separating
them into possible and impossible categories. That at least makes your task
a little more manageable.

Happy Holidays to the iris group.