Re: Can any one tell me what this re bloomer is?

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Can any one tell me what this re bloomer is?
  • From: "Carryl M. Meyer" <carrylm@bigsky.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:22:48 -0700

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF 'HIPS'?  THE HISTORICAL IRIS PRESERVATION SOCIETY--A
SECTION OF AIS--THEIR PURPOSE IS TO IDENTIFY AND SAVE OLDER IRIS AND IRIS
ARTIFACTS--
THEY LIST PEOPLE TO CONTACT--TO HELP IDENTIFY THE OLDER IRIS--AND YOUR 3
PHOTOS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE THE OLDER FLOWER STYLE--
YOU GROW THE PLANT, WHEN IT BLOOM TAKE PICTURES, TAKE MEASUREMENTS, NOTE
BLOOM TIME--AND THEN SUBMIT ALL THE INFO .

AND SINCE THE ONES IN YOUR PIX ARE QUITE NUMEROUS AND SEEM TO GROW IN MANY
DIFFERENT CLIMATES, YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO PUT A NAME ON IT--THEM--ARE THE PIX
ALL OF THE SAME VARIETY? OR ARE THERE 2 OR 3 DIFFERENT ONES--ONE PIX LOOKS
LIKE ONE I AM GROWING TO I.D.--SENT TO ME FROM NEBRASKA--
THE PERSON TO CONTACT FOR VARIETY I.D. IS PHIL EDINGER  POBOX 637
CLOVERDALE, CA  95425  IF HE CANNOT HELP YOU, HE WOULD BE ABLE TO TELL YOU
SOME OTHERS WHO MIGHT KNOW AND BE ABLE TO HELP YOU TO PUT A NAME ON
IT-THEM--

LET ME KNOW IF YOU EVER DO GET A NAME FOR IT--THE ONE I AM GROWING WAS
SUPPOSED TO BE 'MONSIGNOR' BUT IT IS NOT--OR ELSE IT IS AND THE MONSIGNOR I
AM GROWING IS THE WRONG ONE--

GOOD LUCK--CARRYL IN WESTERN MONTANA  ZONE 3/4--
TREASURER-HIPS

http://us.click.yahoo.com/IgTaHA/ZQdDAA/ySSFAA/2gGylB/TM