Re: Iris ID's

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Iris ID's
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@netscape.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 04:08:02 -0000

--- In iris-photos@y..., "laetitia munro" <lmmunro@h...> wrote:
> Hi All:
>    Hope you had a nice holiday. I'm back with some more pictures, that
> hopefully some of you might recognize as looking right or wrong. As
I have
> said before, I'm not looking to ID these, just get some of the names
on the
> really wrong ones removed.
> Thanks,
> 1. Armour Bright - haven't the slightest idea if right
> 2. Babbling Brook - looks like it might be right
> 3. Baldwin - A really old one; haven't a clue
> 4  Ballerine - Another oldie; but I think this one matches the
> Thanks again,
> Laetitia
Armour Bright seems to be correct. I had it but lost it. Interestly it
 is a Canadian iris that is listed as having been registered in 1952
but there are no records that I have been able to find listing it as
having been sold or officially introduced.

Babbling Brook and Bengal Tiger seem correct.

Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada.