Re: REB: Mariposa Autumn

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] REB: Mariposa Autumn
  • From: Gerry Snyder <gerrysnyder@mediaone.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 05:50:11 -0800

Patrick Orr wrote:

> Here is a photo I took Christmas Eve of MARIPOSA AUTUMN (Tasco) that
> is still blooming.  This is my new favorite rebloomer!!!

No argument from here.

The last two blooms are finally going from my little clump (2 rhizomes
bought in '99), and it started blooming in September. Several blooms
open for most of that period. Any rebloomer that can give a good clump
effect for more than two months in the fall is more than okay in my
book.

Light Beam is near peak, with about 6 stalks going great guns. Hand
Painted is winding down, and Frappe is still looking pretty nice. My
first stalk on Amethyst Winter is up and should bloom in a week or so,
depending on temperatures.

Iris unguicularis has been blooming for a couple months (started early
this year) and should continue for one or two more.

My Mesmerizer bed started blooming a couple weeks ago. There may be a
gap of a few days with no bloom coming up, but with the number of stalks
up now the period of continuous bloom will be starting soon. It usually
goes into late May.

Now I just need to work on getting some bloom during the summer.

Gerry
--
mailto:gerrysnyder@mediaone.net
Gerry Snyder, AIS Director & Symposium Chair, Region 15 RVP