Re: Iris ID's

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Iris ID's
  • From: "lmmunro" <lmmunro@hotmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 01:10:05 -0000

Chuck:
    Regarding what you said: it doesn't surprise me that Armour
Bright may never have been sold or officially introduced; this
picture is from Presby Gardens, where I understand growers would
sometimes send their new iris to 'showcase' them to the public.
Presby has been around for quite a while, and seems to have alot of
40's, 50's, 60's stuff that no one has ever heard of. Maybe that's
why.
Laetitia

> Armour Bright seems to be correct. I had it but lost it. Interestly
it
>  is a Canadian iris that is listed as having been registered in 1952
> but there are no records that I have been able to find listing it as
> having been sold or officially introduced.
>
> Babbling Brook and Bengal Tiger seem correct.
>
> Chuck Chapman, Guelph, Ontario, Canada.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!