RE: Bloom and Rebloom report-California

  • Subject: [iris-photos] RE: Bloom and Rebloom report-California
  • From: cathycampi@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 21:26:37 EST

Something to help fill the months of November and December.

PURE AS GOLD 360 days of bloom
FEEDBACK Almost every day for 10 months

Novenber

Rebloom: ALL AMERICAN, BLATANT, COLOR BRITE, GOLD BURST, HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN. I DO, LOW HO SILVER, MATRIX, PRISCILLA OF CORINTH, STINGRAY, TEA LEAVES, and WINESAP.

Fall bloom on new rhizomes: BLAZING SUNRISE, CAYENNE CAPERS. DOUBLE SHOT, GILDED, MY FRIEND JONATHAN, RASBERRY FROST, RED POLISH, WIZARD OF HOPE (Chapman 01) SDB, and VIOLET TURNER.

December

Rebloom: ALL AMERICAN. BLATANT, BLITZ, COLOR BRITE, DANCE FOR JOY, FLOORSHOW, GOLD BURST, HI, HALLOWEEN PUMPKIN, ISTANBUL, JUICY FRUIT, LOW HO SILVER, MATRIX, ORANGE POPSICLE, PRISCILLA OF CORINTH, STINGRAY, TEA LEAVES, and VIOLET MUSIC.

Fall bloom on new: APACHE CARPET (Chapman 01) SDB, BLAZING SUNRISE, CAYENNE CAPERS, CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS, DESTRY RIDES AGAIN, DOUBLE SHOT, GILDED, GOLDEN IMMORTAL, and RED POLISH

Those listed in both months had bloom atleast two weeks of that month.

Most of these are older intros so I only listed the whosis' on new intros.

The iris I have tagged as BEGUINE also rebloomed. It matches all the photos I have found. I think there was a comment made about iris without the rebloom gene reblooming in California, <G>

Cathy Campi
Stockton Ca Zone 9,only two nights of frost.