Re: not quite always

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] not quite always
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerrysnyder@attbi.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 19:44:54 -0800

Pat Mitchell wrote:

> John I Jones wrote:
>  >Until the law is changed, photographs are *always* the original
>  >photographer's property for the next 75 years (unless they've
>  >explicitly signed away their rights).

> Not ALWAYS - if a photographer is under a work-for-hire agreement (a
> very specific copyright contingency in employment contracts) then no
> matter how many millions of rolls of film he takes, the work belongs
> to his employer.

In which case, the photographer has signed away her/his rights. See A.

Gerry, granting all non-commercial rights for use of any picture posted
to this email list in the past, or in the future (until further noticw,
which I do not expect to give). But if you make money from my pix, I
want some.
American Iris Society Affiliates Chair, Symposium Chair, and Director
in warm, winterless Los Angeles--USDA zone 9b-ish, Sunset 18-19