Re: Rainbow Hybridizing Catalog

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Rainbow Hybridizing Catalog
  • From: Elmsterj@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 17:45:27 EST

Patti,

       You know I only live about 10-12 miles from you.  I found that here in our dry climate pollenating towards dusk works well, as the stigma tends to release a bit more moisture then as the day cools.  I used to pollenate iris when it was darned near dark, too, but that doesn't work now that I lost the sight in my left eye and have to wear the patch. I still prefer early or midmorning, though I have had good luck no matter what time of day I hybridize.  When I've had rotten luck is on those days when we get not only heat but those darn hot, dry winds that gust 30-40 miles per hour.

Elm

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here