Re: Rainbow Aril/AB #9 - Wm. Mohr

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Rainbow Aril/AB #9 - Wm. Mohr
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:41:15 -0500

Thanks to everyone that replied concerning my query versus Wm. Mohr and Wm.
Mohr Giant.  At least I know my memory isn't completely gone.  Can't
remember peoples names well enough to place them with faces.  But I can
still remember those first iris 'loves' of mine even though I haven't seen
them in years.

Mickey
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma, USA
Zone 6/7

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>The following is from the "Comprehensive Checklist of Arl and
Arilbred Iris" compiled by Kay Nelson Keppel and Sharon McAllister,
distributed by the Historic Iris Preservation Society.  The
compilation is a list of cultivars based on AIS registrations and
ASI records.  (Note - 'Tell' will be Tell Muhlestein):

WILLIAM MOHR GIANT AB (William Mohr, NR).  Sport of William Mohr
selected by Lloyd Austin.  Lavender self with network of red-
violet.  Notes: Tell wrote that it "grows larger, more vigourous
both in foliage and flowers" than William Mohr; Austin wrote
that "produces an abundance of fertile pollen"; and some have
speculated that it was an amphidiploid form although no chromosome
counts of it have come to light. Ref: Tell's '61, p.42.

Donald Eaves
donald@eastland.net
Texas Zone 7b, USA
<