Re: Re: red irises/ was narrow strappy irises

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: red irises/ was narrow strappy irises
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@erols.com
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:16:44 -0500

Thank you, Kendal.  I only resumed serious hybridizing in 1993, so things worthy of introduction are just beginning to develop, and sufficient stock has to be built up before one can responsibly offer them to the public.  Winterberry Gardens will be offering 3 of my irises in 2004  --  RANKS OF BLUE, CAREFREE DAYS, and LAVENDER INTERLUDE.  Being a commercial garden, they are interested in offering items that have wide appeal.  From time to time, I may have a variety that appeals to a smaller audience, and I may offer it for sale directly.  At the moment, I have only one in that category, TORCHLIGHT PARADE.  It's of an older form (WABASH-type), but people like its rich color.  No website yet, but we'll see what develops as things keep growing.  In the meantime, I'm keeping a list of persons who have expressed interest in the various ones I have registered and/or posted, so they can be notified when and if they should become available. --  Griff