  • Subject: OT: Re: [iris-photos] TRANSLATION OF ABRREVIATION
  • From: Gerry Snyder gerry.snyder@comcast.net
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 20:07:58 -0800

Arilpums wrote:
>     Does anyone know what OEM or OEM SALES mean. I have seen it several
> times now but I cannot even guess what that means.

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

It applies to hardware or software intended to be bundled with a
computer system when it is sold, or software to be bundled with a
specific piece of hardware.

Selling it by itself is considered "grey market" and is discouraged by
the maker of the hardware or software, but is not illegal that I know of.

Gerry, who has bought a lot of OEM stuff over the years.