[PHOTO] An Oddity | Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:09:39" />

[PHOTO] An Oddity

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] An Oddity
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:53:03 -0500

I also had an 'oddity' bloom in 2001 - see attached file.

It did not appear in 2002 although I don't think the plant died. It is
among the Lost-ID iris so don't know what it was should have been

This is in the center of a heavily planted bed and animals should not have
watered it, although that was my first thought. Also, it is unlikely there
was Roundup drift.
Bethany, OK - Center of Oklahoma, USA
Zone 6/7

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>My animals' veterinarian loves irises and grows a number of them around
her office building as well as at her home.  Yesterday at her office, she
asked me to look at pictures she had taken recently of what she referred to
as a "mutation" that came up in one of her office beds.  I asked her if she
had used any herbicide or pesticide in or near the beds and she said
nothing had been put on them other than an occasional spray of urine by a
passing canine client. They bloomed in the spring, and the attached photos
show the rebloom stalks this fall. I told her that it could be from a bee
pod, but I have never seen this form on a bearded iris. Any ideas?  I do
have a couple more photos if anyone wants to see them.

Judy Hunt in Louisville, KY, Zone 6<