Re: Re: Rainbow Aril/AB #9 - Wm. Mohr (addendum)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Rainbow Aril/AB #9 - Wm. Mohr (addendum)
  • From: Mickey Corley mcorley@compuserve.com
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 07:43:55 -0500

I regret to say, this was during the period my iris identification began to
get jumbled.  These are the only other slides I was able to identify at
that time:

Caroline Jane
Golden Eagle
Moonlit Sea
Mulberry Rose
New Snow
Radient (maybe)
Sheriffa (maybe)
White Spire

Wm. Mohr was considered an 'oncobred' back then.  I don't know the
difference between oncobred and arils/arilbreds.  The only one of the above
that is oncabred is Sheriffa.  This was identified in 1969.  It resembles
the catalog picture I have of Sheriffa but it  does not fit the catalog
description which was:

SHERIFFA (White '42) Metallic violet blossoms with a blaze of blue on the
falls.  The petals are darker around the edge & burnished with a metallic
lighter shade on the center - oncobred - M/36"

This description doesn't fit the catalog picture I have either.  The
catalog picture shows the center of the falls with a blaze of purple (not
blue) spot on them and the outer edges are lighter.  If you would like a
scan of that I will send it to you.

Message text written by INTERNET:iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
>Hi Mickey, Do have a list of the contents of your 40 year photo archive?
There might be some arils and arilbreds I could use for the ASI Checklist.
I need all of the help I can get.