Re: Re: Sheriffa

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: Sheriffa
  • From: "Arilpums" arilpums@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 17:47:21 -0800

Donald, The Sheriffa photo I have listed in the ASI Illus. Cklst is yours. I try to put the source in brackets as part of the id in the photo file. I try to do this with all photos being considered for the Cklist. I think I have seen another version somewhere (which I do not have at the moment) and it looked a little different. But you know, the same iris taken at different times of the day can appear very different except for some basic things. So when it is possible to have several sources one can at least see which features do not change to help id the iris as the correct one. I notice that in the description of the iris in the ASI Cklist it mentions the brownish edges which in a way is typical of many regelia offsprings?

Francesca