[PHOTO] Re: TB:FOGBOUND | Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:31:34" />

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] Re: TB:FOGBOUND
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" neilm@charter.net
  • Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 22:30:43 -0500

FOGBOUND has been an amazingly good performer here in western NC.  We have been getting a lot of frost damage the past few years and Fogbound is one that comes through with excellent bloom.
I will second the recommendation of WINTRY SKY and add a couple others of K. Keppel's you may find useful--CRYSTAL GAZER and ALPENVIEW.  Both have the dark-top character, but not as pronounced as Wintry Sky.  I have had Crystal Gazer a year and the growth looks good, the bloom was lovely.  Alpenview was new here this year and is growing quite well.
Fogbound, as it grows here, is a nearly white iris with only modest shading in the base of the standards and with  delicate, pastel pink beards.  I love it and have found it an excellent parent.  Here is a photo of one of its seedlings--but please note that this was taken the day after a horrendous hail storm and high wind did serious damage throughout the garden.  (Photo attached: Power Woman X Fogbound, sdlg. # R 19-1.  Power Woman is from Swingtown X Romantic Evening.)  The blue beard comes from the mother.  Some sister seedlings did have tangerine beards.
Neil Mogensen

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image