  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB:FOGBOUND
  • From: "bdavis3738" bdavis3738@aol.com
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 11:42:53 -0000

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Will Warner" <wildbill@t...>
> Thanks for posting this pic.  I've been thinking about getting
fogbound.  I hadn't realized the
> beards were so bright.  I'm curious if anyboy has any
recommendations for other reverse colored
> iris?  Any good performers with darker standards, and lighter
falls.  RE and SA are a plus.  A few
> i'm thinking of right now, some with just faintly darker standards,
but still the trait for it.  If you
> disagree with these, please let me know, because alot of my
references for these is the pics I
> found of the internet, and they often can misrepresent.  Here's the
one's on I'm planning on
> getting:
> fogbound
> Bottoms up
> Dawn of change
> crowned heads
> alien mist
> rainbow goddess
> all american
> eagle control
> If you grow any of these, i'd be interested in how they perform for
you, and their fertility.  I'm in
> zone 6 SW MO.  If you have any recommendations, I'd like to here
those too.  i'm looking to put
> some good parents together, to go in the reverse direction. LOL.
Thanks in advance.  Will Warner

Hi Will,

I do have Dawn of Change in our garden here in Champaign Illinois.
I'm not sure what zone that is but it might be similar to yours.
It bloomed very well the first spring after being planted in the fall
and has shown good increase every year. If I can find a pic I will
post it shortly.

I also have Fogbound and Wintry Sky in the garden but they were just
planted this fall. Both were growing well before the first freeze but
I really can't say much more than that, other than I can hardly wait.
My sister sent me a piece of Crowned Heads from the Big Dig but it
was too late to plant it outside here by the time it arrived. It is
being spoiled inside the house along with the iris seedlings from
this past fall.

Also, even though I don't have it myself, I saw Eagle Control at an
iris farm in southern Illinois this past spring and it was growing
and blooming up a storm. I am very tempted to add that to our

Hope that helps a bit!

Brian Davis

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: