Re: iris fertilization

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] iris fertilization
  • From: Autmirislvr@aol.com
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 07:04:04 EST

In a message dated 12/26/2003 4:34:27 PM Central Standard Time, harold@directcon.net writes:

Well aged (20 years) manure can be used with bearded irises but a friend and
my experience with less than well aged (4 years) manure lead to massive soft
rot.

Has anyone done any work (recorded) with composted manure? Years ago, I used manure on a regular basis as a component in compost.  Toward the end of this time I also grew iris.  I don't remember having rot problems, but maybe that is the result of bad memory rather than the results.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Links