Re: Re: HYB: Vanity seedlings

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: Vanity seedlings
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:07:41 -0700

I did a couple of  Vanity crosses back then, Linda, - On all of them I could only speculate as to what I may have crossed them with.

I chose Vanity because (aside from being a Dykes medal winner) I've always liked how she usually has 3 blooms that opens at once, the rebloom potential, the branching, a good increaser, and the never ending show she puts on.  (Sometimes she starts in early spring before all the other TB's and goes all the way through the whole bloom season.) Also - - a big plus- - I've been growing her for years and not once has she come up with rot (not for me anyway).

I haven't used her since, but am seriously thinking of doing so again, as I re-evaluate some of this older stuff.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net