Re: Re: Re: TB: reds and seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: Re: [iris-photos] Re: TB: reds and seedling
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:57:50 -0600

> Linda, or Will, or anyone - - How is the substance on Sultan's Palace?
I don't remember that aspect of it at all.  > Margie V.

I don't particularly remember the substance being one way or another,
average it'd say.  The substance is enough to hold the color, and blooms
hold up fairly well to missouri weather.  Stalks stand up through our
crazy spring weather. I'd say they last about 3days average.   I definately
know the bronze color your
remembering.  It's centered towards the inside of the flower, but has an
overall effect to me.  I personally like it, but it's not primary red.  It's
a blue or lavender base either like some of the other "reds." Hopefully I
can get several of the reds to bloom this year for a comparison shot.

Here's a seedling showing some red.  It's from an unmarked cross, but
one of it's parents sure must have been old.  The color is odd; blue/lav
tint to the top of the standards/gold/red falls w/lighter band.  It was
only about 20"
tops.    Very, very old form, would this be considered retro?  Ha Ha.
Will Warner
SW MO zone 6

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image