Re: Reds/seedling - Betty

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Reds/seedling - Betty
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:10:26 -0700

Betty W said:

but maybe something in Vanity may hold a key.
In 87 I crossed Gallant Moment onto Vanity.  It produces a seedling that was a watered red (according to notes).  I just remember it was pretty.  It had gold beards.  (notes again) I kept it for several years but eventually let it go because it had terrible branching.

I mention this because the red and pink crosses have intrigued me.  I have seedlings to bloom this spring from red & pink reblooming crosses

Betty, that is interesting. This year I did several crosses using pinks and reds too.  I'll be eagerly awaiting to see your results posted here.  I wish you well - - on that red iris.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net

but maybe something in Vanity may hold a key.

In 87 I crossed Gallant Moment onto Vanity.  It produces a seedling that was a watered red (according to notes).  I just remember it was pretty.  It had gold beards.  (notes again) I kept it for several years but eventually let it go because it had terrible branching.

Betty W. in South-central KY Zone 6
Bridge In Time Iris Garden@website:
Reblooming Iris - Home Page
iris-photos archives