  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CITY LIGHTS
  • From: "donald" <donald@eastland.net>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 00:25:10 -0000

> Donald, is that common for an arilbred cross like that (to a TB)
to have so
> few seeds?

It's not rare in my experience, but usually the seed count tends to
be higher.  12-20 seeds are more the norm.  Some pods have more, and
some have only the few seeds.  Crossing AB to TB doesn't give as
many seeds as TB to TB generally.  For me, germination of the TB x
AB is also lower than the TB X TB seeds as a percentage of the

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b

Yahoo! Groups Links