Re:Shopper's Special

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re:Shopper's Special
  • From: "Cordesview" <cordesview@m33access.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:54:34 -0500

>This is Shopper's Special. If I remember correctly - - it's one of Paul Black's intros.

Yes, you are right, Margie.  Shopper's Special was a bonus iris in Paul Black's catalog last year.  It was introduced in 2003.  here's some other interesting tidbits from MidAmerica's catalog.

"Shopper's Special - TB, 33' (84cm).  Midseason.  Very similar in color to Intimidator but of much shorter stature.  Palest blue-white standards are ruffled and lightly laced.  Medium lilac falls have a narrow pale lilac rim.  Very perky. Stalks have 3 branches and 3 spurs with 11-13 buds. Vigorous."

Margie, your photos are breathtakingly beautiful!  I'm so captivated by the last several pictures that I hardly want to post mine!  (well, almost.)  *wink*

Adam~

Adam Cordes
President -- Mio Iriarians
Hillman, Michigan