Re: sibling photo - out of Vanity - luminata veining?- Dave

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: sibling photo - out of Vanity - luminata veining?- Dave
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 22:59:17 -0700

Hi Dave,
Thank you so much for your comments, I really appreciate them.
Yes, that bright raspberry seedling was just opening, and that is why the falls were up so high too.  I liked this one too.  I'll have to examine it more closely in the spring to see if their is a possible luminata/plicata pattern going on.  I hope so.
The pinky-lavender seedling labeled VanSeedling-sm. is no longer around.  It had poor substance, and the sun would burn it.  Funny, because it's red sibling - holds up well.
Speaking of pale luminata-like veins - I'm going to be posting a photo of Brazen Beauty in a few minutes.  I was looking at that iris this past spring and thought I saw some luminata pattering going on in it.  Tell me if you see it.  If so, then maybe Brazen Beauty is more than just a plicata.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9