Re: TB: Fiery Temper photos

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Fiery Temper photos
  • From: "Juri Pirogov" <jukp@aha.ru>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 23:40:16 +0300

I'm sure it is camera effect!
Compare green of the leaves at your photo and at my and Margie's ones.

Margie, Always good to generate a little discussion.  My FT also came directly from Keith.  I'm not sure when my photo was taken but my daughter takes most of them and she very rarely gets out before 10 AM.  I try to get her out earlier in the morning before there is any wind but it is a losing battle.  Since Denver has over 300 days of sunshine our Iris also have a tendency to be a little lighter.  An other condition is they grow shorter for the most part.  Being semi-arid and the  many days of sun the stalks stay more compact.  The cells just don't expand as much and don't have to reach for the sun.  If the catalog says the height is 36" my Iris are usually 2 to 4 inches shorter.
Bob Van Liere

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=298184.5639630.6699735.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2434971/rand=170123880