Re: REB:OZARK REBOUNDER

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] REB:OZARK REBOUNDER
  • From: <willwarner@alltel.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 18:59:21 -0600

Thank you for posting this.  I got this iris at my local club sale this
summer.  It didn't bloom this fall, but has put on a good deal of
increase.  I didn't know what it looked like, so I'm very happy to see your
pic.  I knew it was dark w/ a little white near the beard.  But, I didn't
know it was this dark.  Very nice.  Barbara Nicodemus is a member of the
local iris club.  I heard reports at the last meeting that Ozark Rebounder
rebloomed midsummer to frost.  I'm in zone 6, not sure if she is too, or
maybe 5b.
Thanks again for giving me a sneak peak.
Will Warner

> From: ranchiris@aol.com
> Date: 2004/12/06 Mon PM 05:52:20 CST
> To: iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [iris-photos] REB:OZARK REBOUNDER
>
> This is Ozark Rebounder (Nicodemus 2003).  It is a cross of Hello
Darkness X
> Epicenter.  I feel the color and form are a step forward in  rebloomers,
> although I can't figure out where the rebloom comes from in this
pedigree.
> Barbara Nicodemus, whose irises are introduced by Phil Williams'
Rockytop Gardens,
> is a new hybridizer for me.
>
> It is a new one for me.  I potted it when the rhizome was received  this
> summer & put it into a re-amended bed in September.  I brought in
inside last
> week, as a hard freeze was eminent.  Since the rebloom was set
elsewhere, I
> can't be sure that it will be a dependable rebloomer here in  Arizona,
but I'm
> sure hoping it will!!  Even if it turns out to be just a  good-growing
black in
> our climate, I will be happy.
>
> I also have Crimson Lights (Nicodemus 2004) from the same cross.  I
have
> high hopes for these darks, because Epicenter is a great grower here &
Hello
> Darkness isn't too bad.  I won Best Specimen of Show with Hello
Darkness at our
> 2004 Show.
>
> Kathy Chilton
> Tucson, AZ
> Home of the 2005 "Sonoran Desert Trek", combining the Region 15
Spring Trek
> and the Society for Louisiana Irises Convention - April 21-23, 2005.
See

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM