RE: Into The Night

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] RE: Into The Night
  • From: irischapman@netscape.net
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 21:06:39 -0500

This is a flower I have always liked. I did a pigment extraction analysis of
this flowr this year as I had some suspicions which were confirmed  by the
analysis. The falls had yellow pigment in them while the standards didn't. I
also did a quantitative comparison of anthocyanin pigment in falls and
standards. I did this by cutting equal sized pieces of standards and falls.
The amount of anthocyanin pigment was almost idemtical, allthough there was a
very slightly more pigment in falls, but a very small difference. Basically
the falls were darker because the anthocyanin was combined with a yellow
amoena.  I persomally suspect the colour of standards is about as dark as we
can get in iris without a carotene underlay.

Now think of such flowers as 'Local Color'and 'Romantic Evening'

Chuck Chapman

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Q7_YsB/neXJAA/yQLSAA/2gGylB/TM