Re: Luminata Genetics - Violet Music

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: Luminata Genetics - Violet Music
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:52:15 -0700
  • Seal-send-time: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:52:16 -0700

I'm separating this one from the rest of the discussion here, because I have a question about it being related in pattern to either "zonals" or "luminatas".

At this point, I only know it from a photo posted at the Happy Moose website.  That photo shows a flower with a small whitish area around the beard, no hint of white following the veins, a hint of dark haft veining which extends well out onto the tepals, and a blue beard.  Is the photo misidentified?  To look at it, it just looks like a standard blue/violet self.

'Victoria Falls' has always seemed right on the edge too.  But to me it doesn't seem much like this photo of 'Violet Music' However, with that one the beard is white, the white zone around the beard is much better defined, and there is a hint of white following the veins on both the standards and the falls - so, it qualifies much better.  It does show some fine dark haft veining though.  It is very like such as 'City Lights' and 'Suki', but lighter.  'Victoria Falls' has been compared to 'Clarence' too, but I don't think there is any anthocyanin in the haft veining of 'Clarence' (?).

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here
Web Bug from http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=294855.5468653.6549235.3001176/D=groups/S=:HM/A=2455396/rand=441749918