HYB: pl?? seedling & parent

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: pl?? seedling & parent
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:03:12 -0500

It doesn't show very well in the photo, but the haft down to the end of
the beard is all freckles (not lines).  It reminds me of the patterning
I've seen in photos of WILD JASMINE (not seen in real life).

DR is a dotted plicata with solid standards, parent of broken color
TIGER HONEY.  I haven't noticed the 'underlay of deeper sanding' on the
standards mentioned in the R&I, but haven't looked for it either.

Apologies for the poor quality photos.

DESERT REALM (Schreiner's, R. 1985). Sdlg. R 773-B. TB, 35" (89 cm), M.
 "S. soft rose tan, underlay of deeper sanding of same shade; F. light
yellow ground, precisely flecked and dotted warm rose tan, lightly
ruffled; deep yellow beard. I 1310-2: (Cracken x D 848-A) X Piute Pass.
Schreiner's 1985."

MONTEVIDEO   (J. Ghio, R. 1986). Sdlg. 81-SS-03. TB, 38" (97 cm), L-VL.
Mid to dark orange; tangerine beard. (Act of Love x (Feminine Charm x
((New Moon x Ponderosa) x White Lightning))) X Coral Satin. Bay View
Gardens 1987.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links

JPEG image