Re: Suky

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Sutton" <suttons@l...> wrote:
> Hi Chuck,
> Wasn't keeping notes on glaciatas but I do remember getting some.
How many,
> I can't remember.  will try to remember this bloom season, more seedling
> coming from similar crosses.
> Mike

Thanks. The confirmation on glaciats from this cross helps confirm the
genetics. Much appreciate the co-operation with counts. I can't do all
the crosses ai would like and sometimes my cross to bloom is so low I
can't be sure how to interprete low count.
I would put out a general request to everyone to keep track of and
count  seedlings from plicata crosses especiall any the are from or
produce luminata, glaciata, broken colour and zonal.

As surprizing as it may be there is also the need to identify any
plicatas that are four pl genees without any glaciata or zonal genes.
I havn't had any confirmation and there is a lot of glaciata and
luminata genes flooting around. A telling cross would be  a plicata X
glaciata where all the offspring have the same distribution of
anthocyanin ( can ignore background colour) or plicata x plicata where
all offspring have same pattern of anthocyanin.

Chuck Chapman  a lot of ideas but not enough data

Yahoo! Groups Links